Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, a lot has happened since I last posted. Brigham finally took his first steps, and now he walks everywhere. We found out we are expecting a new baby (due Christmas Eve), and decided it was time to get Joey fully out of diapers. He still misses from time to time, but he was more than ready and now that it is over it seems it was not as difficult or scary as I thought it would be. He only wet the bed once and that was when he fell asleep in the car and I put him in bed without having him use the toilet. I am also starting to teach Brigham what the toilet is for. He has used it twice for what it is intended for, but I don't think he has made the connection yet. He does like to sit there and get tissue and wipe. Even though it is just pretending it is good practice.

Ben is out of school and has already begun working full time for free in his clinical experience. He came home from his first day very excited and happy. He likes it so much more than school, which is very good. He really likes getting to interact with the patients.

We didn't really make big plans for this weekend. We invited Ben's parents down on Saturday. They watched the boys while we went to a movie in a theater for the first time since Christmas break. We planned on seeing Indiana Jones, but it was sold out. We saw Speed Racer and enjoyed it. The Nichols came to church with us and helped Ben in Sacrament meeting while I sang with the choir.

In the evening we found out not only is my cousin Michelle visiting all the way from Idaho with her baby Jack, but it was also my niece Brianne's birthday and they were having a party at Chuck E Cheese's. So Monday we went up to Modesto and Oakdale.
I had not been to Chuck E. Cheese's since I was a little kid. We all had a lot of fun. My favorite part was trying to get our whole family in the photo booth. Ben played a lot of games to win tickets, but I don't think he knew how many tickets it takes to get a decent prize. Joey and Brigham liked the car rides, especially the monster truck ride.





We had a barbeque at my Aunt Janice's. We were glad it stopped raining for that. Jack is such a cutie. He looks a lot like his dad. Some of the kids went swimming. Joey got in the pool too, but soon wanted out. My brother Logan said he told him, " I hate being all wet!" That is a big change from our water boy. Hopefully it is only cold water he doesn't like. It was great to see Michelle again after so long!
One of my favorite parts of visiting our families is talking with Ben on the drive home. I love him and it is nice to get to sit and talk with him for two hours.

4 comments:

The Junior Maxwells said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! Congrats on the new baby! Are you hoping for another boy or a girl?

Melissa said...

We're hoping for a girl, of course! but we won't be disappointed if its a boy. Like my sister Christine said, "A boy would be good too. Your boys are so cute!"

The Junior Maxwells said...

Haha. That's what I was thinking!! Nana showed us the newest pictures of the boys while we were in Vegas this weekend and they are just TOO CUTE!!! :)

Michelle said...

I love the new look of the blog. :) Too fun. It was so nice to see you, and it'll be fun to find out what you guys are having in a few months! Yeah!