We had a great time visiting family for Thanksgiving!
Our vacation began on Tuesday which was our fifth wedding anniversary! My family agreed to watch our boys for us while we went back to Angels Camp where we had our honeymoon. It was really nice to spend time together just the two of us. We really only very rarely go on dates because we don't like asking other people to watch our kids and family is so far away. We got to go out to dinner and out to breakfast and windowshop down town. We rented a couple movies and played Wii and went to see Twilight. Joey had a lot of fun playing with his cousins and only got a little homesick around bedtime. Brigham missed us more and wouldn't let Uncle Lincoln put him down, but they were both playing happily when we came back Thursday morning.
We spent Thanksgiving with Ben's family. Both of his sisters were able to come and the cousins had a lot of fun playing together. The food was all so good! I loved Mel's salad and the moist turkey and of course the pumpkin pie. We were a little disappointed not to get to see Ben's Nana and Poppa, but they sent some early Christmas gifts- Christmas pillowcases and soft pillows for all the kids. I loved that they made our new babya matching pillow and blanket too. We got to see Nana and Poppa on Saturday at Dylan's first birthday party where we saw most of Ben's cousins too.
I did miss spending Thanksgiving with my family, but we got to see Amy and Craig and Jeremy and Kyanna's families on Friday. Ben had a lot of fun playing Wii with everyone. I got to do a little Christmas shopping in the evening with my mom and Emily. Brigham continued to be clingy- mostly at the Clark's where we left him before. I worried that we created separation anxiety problems, but he seemed fine at the Nichols and went to Nursery without a fit, so I guess he's okay.
Sunday we went to my nephew Daniel's baptism. It was a really nice experience. The Spirit was so sweet and I hope it will be a special day Daniel will remember. After he was baptized his bishop asked how he felt and Daniel said, "Like I just got resurrected." He's a pretty neat kid. The embarrasing part was after he was baptized and we were waiting for Craig and Daniel to change into dry clothes while Logan played music Joey said really loud, "Daddy said we were going to have cake!" He was pretty good for most of it though. I think he was just hungry. He was playing with his cousins when we had dinner and would not stop to eat. Then when we were having cake afterward he was too busy playing with the nursery toys to eat it. I gave him a piece, but he told me later when we were driving home to Fresno that someone stole it. Poor kid!
We got to see my Aunt Janice's family at the Baptism, so in the end we were able to see everyone who was there. They invited us to Natalie's baptism December 21- Wendy and Kevin and Michelle's families will be there then and Eugene and Kassie, but unless our baby decides to come early we won't be able to make it.
I guess I'll finish this post now. I feel like I'm trying to make up for the lack of pictures with words. It's too bad our camera is broken. We've got the worst camera luck. That was the third or fourth one since we've been married. I guess Joey won't be allowed to touch the next one, but he wasn't the one who broke the first ones.
I'm so Thankful for my family and the wonderful family I married into. I'm Thankful for my sweet husband and the time we were able to spend together before he gets into these last crazy weeks of school and finals and then waiting for Christmas and the new Baby. I'm thankful for the Church and the Gospel in my life. I'm Thankful for my Savior and for a loving Father in Heaven who knows me and cares for me and my family. We are truly blessed and I hope to be able to share our blessings with others this coming holiday season.
Merry Christmas 2025!
7 months ago



1 comments:
Why is it again that you can't come down? Is it for insurance purposes? If you aren't in the area when the baby decides to come you'll be in trouble? We'll miss yoU!!!! :( Love you lots!
Post a Comment