Monday, May 18, 2009

Finals Week

One final down, three to go...
Graduation is so close it's a feeling in the air. We are all pretty excited about it, even though it hardly means school is over for good. I guess Ben still could decide not to get his Doctor of Physical Therapy, but even then he would still have clinicals all Summer and his licence exam in the Fall. Since he is doing the Doctorate Program, it also means more classes and research until next May. After that we will still be staying around Clovis while he works a year or so for a company that gave him a scholarship for this summer.
I am excited about having family come visit for graduation, Ben not having homework to do when he comes home, Joey turning 4, and going to visit family for a week while Ben goes to conferences in Baltimore and Boston in June.
I loved Mother's Day this year. Ben was so busy I knew not to expect anything, and that is okay because I'm not his mother after all. I hope it will always be more about honoring my mother than about me for me. We made handprint cards for Grandma which surprisingly got there on time, and at the last minute decided to go visit our mothers for the day. My highlight was singing to my mom (with accompanyment, thanks to my awesome sightreading brother Logan) "Mother is Another Name for Love" by Penelope Moody Allen. And for me? Ben made me french toast and I bought myself a hot air popcorn popper.

0 comments: