Thursday, January 21, 2010

There'll Be Some Changes Made

First I would like to announce that we are expecting our fourth baby in July! No news on whether it is a boy or girl. Ben was extremely disappointed when I came home and told him they couldn't see anything. Brigham liked this funny picture. I can't really see the face that clearly, but supposedly that's it. Or it could be the baby's arm across its face. Even in 3D ultrasounds are hard for me to see.


Our other BIG news is that Ben is Done with school! He really has not had any desire or motivation to continue with the DPT program since he passed his Board Exam the day after Christmas. I think studying non stop for 2 weeks during Christmas break really burnt him out. Not to mention they didn't have his financial aid worked out that he tried to get straightened out back in November. He came home every night and said how much he wished he could be done with school and just have work and be able to spend time with us. It was a hard decision for us to make since he had already invested one quarter of finances and research and work, but with two more quarters to go it was better to quit now than to make the same mistake twice. He can always go back to the program next year, but I don't think he will. He says he can quit now and not look back. I am still in shock. It is hard to believe he doesn't have school anymore and we suddenly are where we've been working to be. Now to pay back all those student loans and start paying for things like heath insurance and I'll have to change to a new doctor.... Yeah, we are going to have a lot of change, but fortunately it all seems to be for the better.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Woah, really?! Done with school huh. Way to go Ben! Good luck with everything. Baby looks like a cutie!

Charlo said...

4? I am behind... I thought you were "with" your third. Congrats on everything!

Melissa said...

Thanks! It is really nice to have Ben less stressed! Michelle I don't know how you can tell the Baby's a cutie- I can't really see a thing. It's kind of fun to look back at their ultrasound pictures after they're born and see if it really looks like them.
I'm excited for this baby- more now that Ben isn't stressed and has time for things like thinking of names and can be excited about it too.

Aneesa Bee said...

I found your blog on a google search--I was looking up Polly Jean 5-week formula reviews. It looks like you took it with #3. Did you think it worked? We're getting ready to have #5 and I'm wondering if it does anything. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
aneesabeutler@hotmail.com

Melissa said...

Aneesa, I really didn't give a detailed birthing story did I? It's been over a year, so it's hard to remember. I do know I had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, which are supposed to help get you ready. My water started leaking a day before his due date at like 1:30 am. So I didn't go over like I did with m first 2. We went into the hospital after getting someone to watch our older boys at 3 am. They admitted me and we waited. I was having contractions but not strong or regular, so the doctor started pitocin at like 9 am. It kind of made me wish I had just stayed in bed and rested and come in in the morning. Labor was still labor. It was hard but I got through it and my baby came with hardly any pushing at 1:15 pm. I also remember having a lot lighter flow after the first or second day than I had with my previous deliveries. I was a little disappointed because one of my main reasons for taking it was to have my baby before my dr wanted to induce, and then I was induced anyway. I don't know how much of my having an easier time was the 5 Week Formula and how much was just experience. I think I will take it again this time though. I got mine already in capsules from Blessed Beginnings www.birthjunkie.com . It was $32 and that included the shipping. I still have some left, so I guess it must have been plenty.