Friday, March 21, 2008

Hooray! Ben's Home

We survived our week without Daddy and now we are so glad he is home again! Ben is also glad to be home and currently sleeping in his own bed (jet lag, you know.) He brought back lots of pictures and each of us got a suvenier. Joey got an Air Force One wind-up Plane that sounds like a jet. Brigham got a teddy bear in a space suit from the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. I got a miniature Washington Monument made of white marble. I'll post the pictures later; they are on our other computer.
There are few things that make you appreciate someone or something more than having to be without them for a while. Ben still had to go to work today, but we really loved every minute he was at home with us, and all the help he gave us. I just love everything about having him home again! When I was washing my hands I noticed a few bits of stubble in the sink and was glad to be reminded Ben was home. I know that seems silly- It reminded me of the original Parent Trap movie when they are arguing at the end about her stockings drying in the bathroom and hairpins in his fishing tackle box. There are so many things in life we complain about that we would actually miss if it meant the person who did them was gone. I am so glad Ben is home again!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm glad Ben's home!!! Hope you had a wonderful Easter.