Man, I feel really bad that it has been so long since our last post!
We've been having fun if that makes up for it at all. I haven't had a chance to get pictures off our camera and I really like to have pictures up.
I'll probably make more posts when I get the pictures.
We've had a family reunion in Utah and Gia's birthday party. Ben went crazy over the Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit when we tried them out at his cousin Josh's in Las Vegas. He bought us one, claiming it is for research on whether it is an inexpensive and effective physical therapy aid. It really is quite fun. He started school again and designed a Physical Therapy Wiihab t-shirt to sell as a fundraiser for the Fresno State Physical Therapy program. They have sold a few already and will be selling them at a conference in Oakland this weekend.
We came up last weekend to visit and when I was reluctant to leave for home as early as Ben wanted to we decided I might as well stay the week until his conference is over. Of course Joseph, Brigham and I miss him a lot, but it is a lot of fun to visit with my family while he studies for his first test this Thursday.
I had a second ultrasound five weeks ago that confirmed we are having a boy due Jan 1, 2009.
then I had a doctor's appointment last Tuesday and the baby is still doing well and healthy. I feel it moving all the time and can even see it if I'm paying attention. At the end of the appointment the doctor said,"So, you're having a girl, huh?"
and I said,"What?!"
"Don't you want a girl?" he asked.
I told him they told me at the ultrasound that it was a boy. And he showed me the chart the ultrasound doctor sent him that said the baby was female. Of course that left me pretty confused and curious. The doctor said I'll have another ultrasound before the baby's born and hopefully we'll be able to know for sure from that one.
On the way home I debated over whether or not to tell Ben. In my mind there is still a 50% chance it will be a boy and if not, he would just have a big surprise and I could have a girl name picked out just in case. I told him. He wasn't too happy just because he would really like to know for sure what we're having. I called the ultrasound doctor's office the next morning to confirm what he said, but the doctor wasn't in and the nurses couldn't tell me from looking at the picture. He was out for a week and I was supposed to call him today, but it slipped my mind. Maybe tomorrow.
I always thought it would be fun to be surprised, but I wish I knew. It's a little disconcerting to think I might have been calling her a boys' name all this time.
Merry Christmas 2025!
7 months ago



2 comments:
Corky's oldest, Haley, was supposed to be a boy. they were all ready to name her DeRees Carl Clark IV. But, then she was born, and that went out the window (at least for 6 more years).
That's all crazy though!
(crazy that they messed with your head like that. )
Post a Comment