I had an ultrasound appointment on Monday. Ben wanted me to cancel it so we could stay and play in San Diego another day, but there wasn't a day I could do it before my next doctor appointment. I was going to get someone to watch the kids for me, but then Ben ended up only working a half day. I'm so glad he was able to watch them! My appointment was at 1pm. When I got there they told me radiology was running a little behind schedule. I thought, "No big deal, they're always running a little late." So I sat down and picked up a fat magazine and started to read it backwards. The waiting room was very full- people down the hall and in another room. That should have given me a clue, but I just figured people were there for x-rays and stuff too. A couple old ladies came and sat next to me and after they had been there a long time they started complaining about the long wait and them taking walk-ins ahead of scheduled appointments. They asked how long I had been there. I wasn't sure, but I told them my appointment was at 1, and they said, "Well, it's almost 2!" It had been a while, but I was sure my turn was coming soon. The room was almost empty. The ladies got called in and they were sure it was because they were complaining. I still sat. The people at the desk left for some meeting. I was done with the magazine and wishing I had stopped at the library to pick up a book I had on hold since my being late apparently wouldn't have mattered anyway. Then a nurse comes in and calls my name. Finally! Then she says to me, "It's still going to be awhile. Would go like to go empty your bladder and re-drink?" What!? "How much longer is it going to be?" I asked. "Not until 3." I don't answer her for a while because I don't know what to say. I want to just forget it and go home. If I had a babysitter they would be in serious trouble. And if this was because of the meeting I was mad because that is why they sent me to Fresno instead of keeping the appointment I had in Clovis. I hoped my irritation was not too visible. She asked how far along I was and I told her "21 weeks" and she said they needed to see me then. What did she want me to say, "Yes, I'd be happy to sit in your waiting room another hour."? There is only so much you can do in the waiting room. "I don't know how I am supposed to get 32 oz of water back in me from the drinking fountain." I told her. She said she would get me a cup. So she brought me one they use for barium and I headed for the bathroom. "You can go get lunch and come back." she told me as she walked away. Why didn't she say that in the first place? I was starved and the take-out box the old lady next to me held had been smelling mighty good! I cried in the bathroom and hoped no one could tell as I walked to the car. It was empty from our trip, so I took it to Costco and got gas. That was another long wait- ha ha. Then I went to the food court and got a slice of pizza and filled up my water bottle to re-drink. I put on some make-up, which I hadn't taken the time to do before my appointment. Then I headed back to Kaiser feeling a lot better. Ben had left me a message saying he got my message about not getting into my appointment till 3 and they hoped I would feel better. I sat down and picked up a different magazine. This time I didn't have to skim the whole thing before they came to get me. They said sorry about the wait. I would not have been as happy to let it go if I had actually been sitting in the waiting room the whole 2 hours, so I'm glad they let me know I could leave and come back.
Now for the good part. This one made me laugh. I guess because babies are usually all curled up, but she's making use of the space she has before it gets tight in there. Ben liked it because she looks like she's doing a pike dive. I thought she looked very feminine kicking her foot up. She was pretty active since I had just eaten.
And in this one her hand in front of her profile makes it look like her nose is as long as Pinnoccio's. I hoped there was no one else in the waiting room while she kept looking around for a good face shot.
Finally we got this pretty one with her looking downward with her fingers on her chin. Ben says just from her face you can tell she's a girl. I guess that will be embarrassing if she turns out to be a boy. But the technician was very sure of what we saw down there. She only looked once.



2 comments:
I can see her ribs. you need to start feeding her!
Ha ha ha!
I'm working on it. Hopefully when she's born you won't see tham so much.
Post a Comment