Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More About the House

We've been keeping pretty busy, mostly involving buying our house. We're filing for extention on our taxes so we will be able to get the tax credit this year and be able to use that money for the blinds, landscaping, and whatever else we will need. But we have them all filled out and ready to send ofter we close. We had to decide which company to go with for homeowner's insurance. It sounds like they will be done with the fourth bedroom this week and then they will clean everything up in preparation for our walk through inspection on April 5. We should close (and get the keys) by April 16 if anyone wants to come help us move. Then last night Ben heard about a new tax credit for California that is more like a deduction that they have not voted on but is likely to pass. It is for homes purchased on or after May 1. So now he is thinking of asking to make that the purchase date to save us from paying state taxes for 3 years. I kind of just want to get moved in and get settled and not drag it out.
Sorry if you are bored now.
I checked out some books on landscaping and gardening and citrus trees and building backyard playgrounds. They were all very interesting, but I can't really use them till we actually have our house.
I've only packed 1 box. Ben packed up our VCR and DVD players and the Wii (since our TV broke we can't use them and we decided to wait to buy a new one till after we move so we won't have to move it.) He also packed up all our movies and the books on our bookshelf. I keep finding stray books and school notebooks. Our house is not very organized for packing.
I kind of don't know what to do with the boys all day. We spent most of yesterday at the park. Today has been making messes and cleaning them up. Cannon is especially good at the first part. He likes to climb up on the table or the computer desk and throw everything on the floor. He just broke a plate. So I guess I'll go take him off the table and clean it up.
I know this was probably not too interesting, but I'm bored and tired and I don't want to fold the 3 loads of laundry that are waiting for me or pick up all the crayons off the floor. I've got to get some motivation!

1 comments:

Charlo said...

oh my goodness... when i pack, I pretty much re-organize EVERYTHING. I cannot bring myself to speed pack and throw unrelated things in together, I have to get all the bathroomstuff from all the bathrooms in together, then I will seperate them in different boxes... shamppoos and soaps in one spot, hair stuff in another...

and then if I find a headband under the bed later, I am really tempted to repack the bathroom box. I'm insane, I KNOW... but I love it when I can unpack a box and put the whole thing onto one shelf or in one cupboard. Then I don't put of unpacking and get that done supper quick.

I'm jealous of your yard. I kind of wish we had waited and then builders would have been more desparate to give us a deal... we were pretty close to affording a few new houses in the area's we liked, but I didn't want to stretch our budget too much. Then again, 50k off a house in California probably isn't as huge a deal as 50k would have been in Utah... Plus we were relying on the 8k rebate to reimburse B's Gpa for our downpayment. As it turns out, we paid it off in a month anyway and WE STILL HAVEN"T GOTTEN OUR 8K Rebate (we amended last years taxes to get it sooner, but I GOT AUDITED... just a mini-audit on the 8k rebate part though, not on my whole taxes. )


anyhow I was talking about the yard. I wanted to do a garden so bad, and I was hoping to do containers on our balcony, but we don't get enough direct sunlight. We can do nasturtiums and such, but we can't do any thing edible. boo.

any how. this is my long comment to let y ou know that my comment is FAR more boring than your house stuff. Buying a house is fun. STRESSFUL but fun.