Friday, June 25, 2010

Ben's Trip to Boston

Last week Ben took a trip to Boston for an APTA Conference and House of Delegates Meeting. He was an alternate delegate for California and at the conference he received the APTA Outstanding Student Physical Therapist Award. He was pretty busy with meetings and classes, but got to see a little of Boston, went to a Red Sox game, and was sure to watch the Celtics vs. the Lakers games. We missed him, but had a lot of fun visiting in Tracy for the week he was gone. Here are some pictures from his trip.

I'm pretty sure this is a church, but I don't know which one specifically.
A fire station
Another cool old building

The Delegates from California, day 1. Ben is on the front row on the left.

Watching the Celtics and the Lakers Playoffs.

House of Delegates, day 2. Ben's in the middle, to the left of the sign.

Eating dinner with someone- I'll have to ask who again.
The mural on the wall is pretty crazy. Good for Ben that he likes shellfish
since it appears to be a crab shack or something.
Some Inn, not the place he stayed though.

Another church.
Brigham and Women's Hospital

Harvard Medical School
Going to the Red Sox game at Fenway Park

At the game

With some friends from the conference at the game

With some old professors from BYU.
Dr. Lentell (from CSUFresno), APTA President Scott Ward
(who presented Ben with his award),
Ben, and Dr. Feland (from BYU)

We are proud of Ben and his accomplishments and glad he had fun in Boston! I also have to admit I love Ben's smile and think he looks really good in a suit.
I considered going with him, but 37-38 weeks pregnant is just too close to my due date. I am glad the baby didn't come while he was gone, even thought Boston is a pretty cute name. I think it was on Ben's mind too. He brought the boys a little baby girl doll as a souvenir of his trip. They will induce me July 15 if the baby hasn't come by then, so 10-20 days to go!

0 comments: