Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pregnancy Update!

I had my first ultrasound today. I have been so excited waiting for it, they usually do them sooner than 16 weeks. I was kind of glad to have it later because that would mean there was a greater chance of finding out if it is a boy or a girl. We of course have been hoping for a girl, just because we have not had one yet, and have thought a lot about girls names and picked one out that we both liked. Ben didn't want me to tell what it was, but I told my mom and sisters while we were visiting this weekend for 4th of July. When Ben found out he got mad and said now we are going to have a boy just because I told. Of course that just made me laugh.
We also saw the sonogram from my brother Eugene's baby while we were up there- the cutest little 10 week old bean, and my sister Sarah announced she is due January 12, so we will have three little cousins born within a month or so. I have never had a 3D ultrasound before. They did most of the ultrasound in the normal 2D, then surprised me by switching over to the 3D. We didn't get to see the face, but it's pretty cute to see the little guy so clearly.

And here is Joseph and Brigham's baby BROTHER! Proof that you shouldn't tell the girl name you have picked before you know for sure that it's a girl. I guess Ben was right. The name we picked was sort of based on the baby's due date (Dec. 24, 2008) too, so of course they had to change that. At my first doctor appointment the doctor said I felt like I was a week farther along than the due date they had figured. Then last week the midwife said I didn't feel like I was 15 weeks yet- it was too small. I was glad to have the ultrasound and clear up the mystery. Today I am only 14 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My new due date is January 1, 2009. I feel better about that date because I usually deliver late if you go by the standard way of figuring it out. That is all our exciting news for now. We have another ultrasound in 6 weeks, and we'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats Melissa! Boys are so fun! :)

Melissa said...

Boys are a lot of fun, but now I have to convince Joey that we don't want to name him Tow Mater.