This Halloween was pretty low key for us. The biggest effort went into making Joseph's costume. He insisted he wanted to be Fillmore from the Disney Cars movie. The hardest part was finding something to copy from to draw him from all angles. I was lucky enough to find a Fillmore car and bought it thinking I could draw him and then take it back. Joseph didn't like that idea and we ended up keeping him. That was the most expensive part of his costume. We drew him and taped the paper to a diper box with a hole cut in the top and put on some straps to hold it up. It was time consuming and after all our efforts Joseph didn't wear it much because it was so bulky. But Brigham still likes to play with it.
I thought of a few ideas for dressing up with my pregnant belly, but didn't end up dressing up at all. Ben was a Doctor when we went trick or treating at the mall and Batman for his class party the next night. Brigham was a BYU football player.
We did carve pumpkins this year, but I don't have pictures of them. The best one is an owl we carved in a fake pumpkin which is a nice idea because it won't rot and you can keep it year after year. I really wanted to carve real pumpkins though, so Halloween day found me trying to finish up carving a cat before we could go trick or treating. The second real pumpkin is still sitting on the kitchen table. I guess it's a good Thanksgiving decoration too.
We did not do much trick or treating, just around the mall where Joseph was more interested in the toy store and the electronics store where they were showing the Cars movie than trick or treating. We left there tired out and with little ambition to do more to celebrate. Joey wanted to go to the park, so we did until it started to get dark. Then we rented a couple movies from Redbox and planned to spend a quiet evening at home. We put some candy on the porch and started watching a movie. That's when Halloween got scary.
I was inthe mood for some carmel apples. The package said put the carmels in the microwave for two minutes and then stir till melted. I only made some of them because we were just having apple slices with the carmel for dip, so when the microwave was done the carmels were boiling!
Merry Christmas 2025!
7 months ago



3 comments:
Poor Brig. I know accidents happen, especially with little fingers trying to get into everything. I'm glad that he's not in pain anymore. I once cut jack's finger when I was cutting his fingernails and felt guilty everytime i saw his little finger. It's hard when your baby's in pain. :(
we always melted the carmel on the stove... One of these days though, I want to try making carmel apples with homemade carmel. I just hate that you have to stand there by the stove and stir the entire time. It frustrates me when I cannot multitask while cooking.
I have a scar on my hand I got while cooking with my mom when I was little and something hot splattered on me. I still love her... for now.
Over a year later I almost forgot it happened. He doesn't have a scar, but I think I am a lot more careful about hot stuff when I cook.
I really want to make fancy carmel apples sometime. You know that ones that are dipped in carmel and then drizzled with chocolate!
We usually just use carmel flavored ice cream topping to dip apple slices now- uasally with peanut butter too.
Post a Comment