Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Comes First

There is a little holiday between Halloween and Christmas that is sadly neglected and overlooked. I was looking for some ideas to celebrate Thanksgiving with my boys when I came upon this wallpaper that was linked to a blog post about how disgustingly early stores put out Christmas decorations. I know a lot of us can agree that Christmas has been horribly commercialized and when you put out decorations as early as September it takes away from the preciousness of the holiday season. I really feel like we should celebrate one holiday before we move on to the next one. By not doing this stores have moved directly from Halloween to Christmas overlooking Thanksgiving completely just because being grateful for your blessings does not inspire you to spend money you don't have. It is annoying to have stores trying to sell for Christmas before Halloween, but I think the lack of Thanksgiving bothers me more.

0 comments: